The Extravagance of Staircases12th February 2015
Pool Spillways8th May 2015
A fireplace in a residential estate is still considered a luxury, even in this day and age. However, that doesn’t make it any less lucrative.
Today everyone wants a home with a fireplace, not just because it makes for a beautiful centrepiece for any lounge or family room, but because the South African winters can also be extremely chilly.
Top Rock will design, manufacture and install magnificent fireplaces in the material of your choice.
- Traditional-looking fireplaces are out and fireplaces that offer more glass and less metal are now the ‘in’ thing.
- Consumers want high definition looks with little or no trim, providing the clearest and largest viewing area possible.
- More people are installing them higher on the wall – like high-def televisions – and also in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Gas fireplaces have become the standard – especially with young people who don’t want to deal with the mess wood burning fireplaces create.
Safety at Home
Because of the risks associated with fires, it’s important to understand and practice safety tips.
- Put a shield around the fireplace to prevent sparks from flying out and starting a fire (glass grates, which enclose the fireplace entirely, are the most effective).
- To guard against fire, in case ash, sparks or smoke escape the fireplace, make sure the area surrounding the fireplace is clear of flammable items (including carpet).
- Choose wood types depending on the type of fire desired (if a fireplace is for aesthetic reasons, burn cottonwood, maple or elm, which creates bright flames).